Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My name is Aimee, and I am a bookworm

Since I need a recreational hobby to do to keep me pre-occupied, I decided to start reading again.

I have been reading the Thriller SAGA but I stopped at book 3 (Eclipse) and refused to move to reading another page until I get a Breaking Dawn paperback. Copies of this book literally fly from bookstores here in the Manila. I was just comparing prices between National Bookstore and Powerbooks last Monday and after deciding to buy at National (I think it costs more there but they have currently have a grand sale), there are officially no more available first book (there are four). Meanwhile I'm excited to see the movie as I look at the lovely Edward and Bella.


Edward Cullen is the same guy who portrayed Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter series. Bella is Jodie Foster's kid in Panic Room. I reserved the right to talk more about the book since I'm still halfway through Book 3. Good Read so far. I'm excited to see the movie!! See preview:






There has been some talk or rather arguments on who Bella should choose between Edward and Jacob thus Team Edward, Team Jacob, and Team Switzerland (for those who are siding neither) has been formed. I'm honestly on Team Jacob even though you take one look at the synopsis and you know its going to be Edward and Bella at the end. In spirit of fairness, and since Jacob is not yet a signigicant character in Book 1 so I can't find a decent Twilight poster of him, I am posting a picture of him here.


He still looks young in that pic almost boybanddish, but whatever, I like his charater Jacob Black. I'd go for him! :P On the other hand, I know my cousin's (Camzi!!!) weakness for ka-SWABE-han.. I'm sure she'd go for Edward.

SO, while I wait for bookstores to order more stocks of the book or I get the one I'm borrowing (calling Aimee!) I have decided to read another book for the meantime.



By all accounts, Simon Basset is on the verge of proposing to his best friend's sister, the lovely—and almost-on-the-shelf—Daphne Bridgerton. But the two of them know the truth—it's all an elaborate plan to keep Simon free from marriage-minded society mothers. And as for Daphne, surely she will attract some worthy suitors now that it seems a duke has declared her desirable.

But as Daphne waltzes across ballroom after ballroom with Simon, it's hard to remember that their courtship is a complete sham. Maybe it's his devilish smile, certainly it's the way his eyes seem to burn every time he looks at her . . . but somehow Daphne is falling for the dashing duke . . . for real! And now she must do the impossible and convince the handsome rogue that their clever little scheme deserves a slight alteration, and that nothing makes quite as much sense as falling in love . . .

I was persuaded by my friend Tera to read it as she finished all eight of it. This is basically the story of 8 brothers and sisters on their quest for love (Cheesssy!) Hehehe. Its set old english time so the whole plot and story reminds me of Pride and Prejudice. I was browsing the internet this morning and saw this link. You can actually read the whole book there and if I'm not mistaken . So for those who are not afraid of a little romance (?!) go ahead and click on it. Kesssso! And if you enjoy it, there are still 7 more books to read to keep all of us pre-occupied. :)

*Twilight pics were taken from Stephenie Meyer's site.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
free counter