Monday, April 02, 2007

Trips for food

My mom is going to pampanga today to buy butong pakwan (dried watermelon seeds). I don't know good it is but I keep on wondering because my mom is travelling for more than 2 hours just to buy them. My mom has this crazy impulsive hobby of buying food delicacies and specialties. Just last month, I found our house filled with three boxes of goodies from Biscocho Haus in Iloilo. We have biscocho, butterscotch bars, and other sweet stuff. The week after,
she came from Cebu and brought home longganisa, danggit, other dried fish, dried` mangoes, mangorind and many more. Now I am not complaining because I eat a lot of the stuff that she brings home. But whenever she comes back from her trips, she is so tired she can barely walk. Makes me wonder if all those delicacies are all worth it. Well, if I was the probably the one traveling all the time, I would have bought the same things. Truthfully, there are just so many good stuff here in the country that we have all yet to try.

Just the other day, since only me and my dad are home, he just bought me food. He ended buying me tapsilog (tapa + sinangag + itlog) from a restaurant here in Tanza named Antonino's. It was really good I probably finished it in 10 minutes. Hehehe. There goes my plan of eating slowly!

I've been meaning to post a separate entry about food but it seems I became incapacitated after seeing pictures of my favorite foods. I just can't seem to finish it. Hope I finish it someday.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
free counter