Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My friends keep on pushing me to write about work. Honestly, I have a lot to say. But there is practically no bone or muscle in my body that is not aching from everyday trips from Cavite to Makati to back to Cavite. Well, my company is a pseudo-call center and a business outsourcing company which by the way is the exact industry I vowed never to work for. Parang boyfriend to e.. the man you end up with probably is the guy you never expected or even rejected before.. for some reason.

Anyway, the company I am with is still in start-up, real operations start probably on September so I'm really in a daze. I basically get 5 hours tops sleep and there's still certification to go through. It's only my second week so I'm trying to fit in all information that my co-workers have learned in the past month. Just today, I brought a harry-potter-book-4 thick manual to study and be a master at in less than 3 days. My boss keeps on asking me if I am smart enough, if I am good enough.. and the truth is I don't know how to answer that.. deep inside, I just really wanted to ask what happens if I am better than his expectations. I guess I enjoy blowing away people like that. I'd rather not talk about myself in a gratifying manner rather than go around and disappoint a lot of people.

My officemates are basically my batchmates from college. About 1/4 of the population consists of Lasallians. Those who were super extra curricular activities oriented back then. Almost all of us had been officers of organizations. For some weird reason.

I've learned that working is not only consistently trying to learn but also applying lessons adeptly. Its really tiring. At the end of the day, I was told that it didn't matter if I don't smile a lot during work. It doesn't matter if I am not that friendly.. what matters is my capability and maybe the drive to go through. And for me that is enough for now.

My boss keeps asking about passports and visas of the employees. He wants to go to bangkok, hongkong and US. It's a good thing that my mom got me my visa when I got my first gold eagle award in grade 1. Hehe. Plus I just renewed my passport. Hurray! I am not assuming anything but of course anybody would like to think that they are included in the planned trip. My bosses are like this super rich business tycoons. Well one is super nice, soft spoken and smart while the other is more upfront and frank. I don't know who I will like more in the long run.

What else? I made some reconnection with people I have lost in touch with. For the past week, I have seen a lot of people I haven't seen for the past 3 years. It's a great feeling. Now, I am broke as hell and still awaiting my very first paycheck!

I don't really want to go into details about what I did at work because I want to take it all in strides. So now, before my eyes close by itself, I have to work off my butt and do some things crucial for work.


Goodnight world and friends! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here indeed buffoonery, what that

Powered By Blogger
free counter