Monday, May 21, 2007

what is wrong with me?

I am a likable person. Or I used to think so. What is wrong with my job applications? What is wrong with me? Is it true that I'm so picky that is why I am still unemployed?

The first job I applied to offered me a position and quickly gave me a training date should I choose to work for their company. But they were offering me a commission-based salary and I don't think I would be able to handle that for a first job. Second, I got interviewed for a manufacturing company. The company and their office was small. But I saw the potential in the company's independence to enter their products to the market. I was willing to accept their offer. The sales head had arranged for me to meet the owners and also be interviewed so that I could finalize my mind about working for their company, I honestly felt that they were persuading me to join their company rather than I convincing them to hire me. After a few days though, I received no phone call from them. Next, my friend referred me and told me about the job opening in the company that she worked for. I did apply. And it was probably the longest application that I had. I was in their company the whole day. There were a lot of applicants. The security guard/ receptionist told me that the longer you stay in the company, the bigger chance you get to be hired. So I thought maybe it was all good. But 2 weeks after, no phone calls and I found out from my friend that they were already hiring and contract signing already took place. So did it hurt me that they didn't hire me? Well, NO. But it made me think.. What is wrong with me? Why won't people hire me? I came from a good school, finished two courses, backed up with professional references who excel in their own fields, had been a member and officer of several organizations and very competitive and outspoken. So what is the problem?

Maybe I come too strong. I honestly have interviewers buckle when they talk with me. Maybe I ask difficult questions a lot. Maybe I look too serious. Maybe I am too fat.

Fudge.



I just really hope I get a job before June. I wish I am already working this June.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
free counter